(1) Department - Kerala State Assistant Public Prosecutors Service
(2) Name of post - Assistant Public Prosecutor grade-II
(3) Scale of Pay - Rs. 19240-34500
(4) Number of vacancies- 14
The list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies shown above and that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the list.
(5) Method of Appointment -Direct Recruitment (6) Qualifications:
(i) Must be a graduate in law (ii) Must be member of the Bar and must have had not less than three years of active practice in Criminal
Note : Certificate of enrolment issued by the Bar Council and 3 years experience certificate of active practice in criminal courts as on First January 2011 issued by a Judicial Officer not below the rank of a First class Judicial Magistrate should be produced.
(7) Age limit – Must not have completed 35 years of age. Only candidates born on or after 2-1-1976 are eligible to apply for this post with usual relaxation to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities. (For other conditions regarding the age relaxations, please see part 2 of the general conditions)
(8) Training : (i) A candidate appointed as Assistant Public Prosecutor grade II shall, on and from the date of his/her appointment undergo a training for a period of 6 months.
(ii) Such candidate until he/she completes the training be entitled to such allowances as may be specified by government from time to time. The period of training shall not count for increments in the time scale of pay.
(9) Probation : A candidate appointed as Assistant Public Prosecutor grade II shall, after he/she completes the prescribed training, be on probation for a total period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years.
(10) Test : A candidate appointed as Assistant Public Prosecutor grade II shall, within the period of probation, pass the Account Test for Executive officers of the Kerala State or the Account Test (Lower) of the Kerala State.
Note : Candidates who have already passed Account Test for subordinate officers Part I/Account Test for Executive Officers (Madras) shall not be required to pass the test.
(11) Agreement : A candidate appointed as an Assistant Public Prosecutor Grade II, shall, before undergoing the course of training, execute an agreement in such form as prescribed by the government in this behalf binding himself.
(i) to undergo the entire course of training (ii) to serve the government after the completion of the training as Assistant Public Prosecutor for a period to be
specified by the government and
(iii) to refund to the government the pay drawn by him during the period of his training if he resigns his appointment before the completion of the said period on any account except on the ground of ill-health which shall be certified by a Medical officer not below the rank of Civil Surgeon.
(12) Method of submitting applications Applications with photo uploaded shall be submitted online only. Detailed instructions regarding the
submission of applications are available in the website of Kerala Public Service Commission viz www.keralapsc.org.No application fee is required. The barcode number in the application form shall be quoted in all further enquiries/correspondences. Documents to prove qualification and experience certificate in original have to be produced as and when called for. Applications which are not submitted in accordance with the instructions given in the website will be summarily rejected.
(13) Last date of receipt of applications : 31/08/2011 Wednesday upto 12 midnight. (14) Address to which applications are to be sent: www. keralapsc.org
(15) If a written Test/OMR Test is conducted as part of the Selection, Hall Ticket of eligible Candidates will be made available in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates are instructed to download their Hall Ticket as per the instructions in the website. (16) At the time of Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Practical Test, interview etc, Candidates shall produce their Photo affixed ID proof in Original and self attested photocopy of (Voters Identity Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Identity Cards issued by Social Welfare Department to Physically Handicapped Candidates, Photo affixed Pass Books issued by Nationalized Banks, PAN Card, Identity Cards issued to Government Employees by the concerned Departments) along with Hall Tickets.